By UrbanTurf Staff posted March 12, 2019 on dc.urbanturf.com
The effect of Amazon’s arrival on the region continues to be felt in a variety of ways, and that includes the housing market. UrbanTurf plucked out a few numbers that illustrate the effect that the online giant continues to have on the Arlington housing market, three months after the online behemoth announced its plans to come to Northern Virginia.
- $558,750 — The median home sales price in February, the highest on record for Arlington for the month of February.
- $1.015 million — The average price for a detached home in February.
- 65% — The increase in the number of homes that went under contract in Arlington compared to February 2018.
- 54 — The average number of days that homes spent on the market in February, a 40 percent drop compared to February 2018.
- 35% — The percentage of homes that sold in ten days or less in February.
- 0.90 — The monthly supply of homes for sale on the market. It dropped below 1.0 for the first time in December.
- 1.12 — The number of contracts per active listing in February. It went above 1.0 for the first time in December.