The last few years there haven’t been many in person Turkey Trots throughout the country but this year you’ll have your pick throughout the DMV.
- The only Turkey Trot in DC on Thanksgiving is the Trot for Hunger. This year they have a goal of $1 million which helps provide healthcare, housing, job training and social services for DC residents in need. You can join virtually or in person.
- Alexandria Turkey Trot supports started at Mount Vernon Ave ALIVE! which helps Alexandria families in need. Food donations are also collected.
- Christ Church of Arlington will host a turkey trot one block from the church and proceeds will benefit 18 local organizations. Well behaved dogs and strollers are also welcome.
- Fairfax Turkey Trot supports Britepaths an organization that helps local low-income families.
- Prince William Turkey Trot offers a 5k at 8:30 and 1 mile at 9:30 at the Freedom Aquatics & Fitness Center in Manassas. Proceeds will go towards Hero’s Bridge and The Sweet Julia Grace Foundation which honors veterans and helps children with medical bills, respectively.
- Vienna Turkey Trot offers their race the Sunday before Thanksgiving on November 20th with multiple race options. The 5k and 10k start at 8:30 and a Kid Fun Run at 8am. The Turkey Trot raises money for the Vienna Volunteer Fire Department and Madison High School Marching Band.
- The Bethesda Turkey Chase raised money for the YMCA and BCC Rotary and is the largest running event in Montgomery County. The Chase can be a 10k run or 2 mile walk. Racers can walk, run, bike or swim virtually as well.
- Laurel Turkey Trot starts at McCullough Field and offers an in-person 5k or 1 mile race at 8am on Thanksgiving Day but you can follow any of the mapped routes anytime Thanksgiving week. Proceeds benefit local low-income families and the homeless through Laurel Advocacy Referral Services.